What We Do
Whitley Engineering utilizes a common sense approach to implement and solve engineering and other related issues. We currently provide professional services to the cities of Lovejoy, McDonough, Forest Park, Hampton, McDonough and Zebulon. In addition, Whitley Engineering provides various services to the private industry of the surrounding area.
The National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System is of great importance to Whitley Engineering as we take pride in our state’s land.
Private & Residential
Our work in Municipality makes us the obvious choice for navigation private & residential projects through red tape.
Design services are another key component of Whitley Engineering. Commercial and private developers can rely on our superb work.
Municipal services or city services are at the core of Whitley Engineering. We provide reliable and quality services for each project.
Contracts and coordination require quite a bit of navigation and with our experience we'll breeze through the work.
Whitley Engineering does not limit itself and everyday we grow smarter and stronger taking on more than you think.
Shaping the Future for over 70 Years
Whitley Engineering has over 70 years combined experience in the engineering field involving municipal consulting, property development, design, project engineering and solid waste management. Owner, Mark Whitley was the former County Engineer for Clayton County and served as Vice-President over design and development for a large metro Atlanta development company.
Municipal Services –
- Project Management, Engineering, Construction Management
- Civil Plan and Site Development Plan Review
- SPLOST Management Services
- Utility Design and Inspections
- NPDES MS4 Stormwater Reporting and Services
- Stormwater/Water Quality Studies Design
- Stormwater/Water Quality Studies Review
- Erosion Control Plan Review and Inspections
- Site Development/Construction Inspections
- CADD Mapping and GIS Services
- Ordinance Review and Support
- Grant Submittals and Administration
- Prepare yearly LMIG for GDOT funding for Capital Improvements
- Engineering Design for Stormwater and Capital Improvement Projects
- Investigate Stormwater related complaints
- Investigate Erosion Control related complaints
Design Services –
- Civil Site Design
- Conceptual Layouts/Land Planning
- Stormwater Management Facilities
- On-site septic sewer systems
- Municipal/utility design
- Plot plans
MS4 Services –
- Prepare Storm Water Management Program Annual MS4 Report
- Provide Storm Water inspections and sampling for MS4
- Collect Data for MS4 Reporting and Updating
- Update SWPP
Preoject Engineering/Management –
- Evaluation of Contracts
- Verify quantities and approve invoices
- Manage onsite operations
- Scheduling construction activities
- Coordinating with local inspectors
- Coordinating with contractors and subcontractors
NPDES Services –
- Design of Erosion, Sedimentation and Pollution Control Plan (Best Management Practices-BMP’s)
- Notice of intent (NOI)
- Evaluate Impaired Stream Segments for NOI
- Stormwater monitoring, sampling, inspections
- Installation and maintenance of BMP’s
- Address site issues with local inspectors
- Notice of Termination (NOT)
Other Services –
- Grant Writing
- Grant Administration
- Rezoning packages and representation
- Asphalt coring and reporting
- GIS services
- Ordinance updates
- Comprehensive Land Use Plan updates
- Erosion Control installation and maintenance
- Land Surveying (Subcontract)
- Traffic Design and Engineering
- Site Development/Construction Services
- Environmental Assessments (Subcontract)
- Geotechnical Investigations (Subcontract)
Let's Build Something
Contact us today to get the process started on your project! We'd be glad to hear from you.
38 East Main St N Hampton, GA, 30228